Our “Early Learning Program” seeks to provide a streamlined and seamless experience for the first 5 years of a child’s education. We believe that these are the most foundational and formative years, and the more that these years can flow together and build off one another, the better.
FCELC consists of four programs:
Preschool – students 2 ½ years – 4 years
Pre Kindergarten – students that will not be 5 years old by September 1st or for students that will be old enough for regular kindergarten but not yet developmentally mature enough to benefit from a structured environment.
Kindergarten – students who will be 5 years old by September 1st
Elementary – students entering the 1st and 2nd grade.
The goals of FCELC are:
- to provide opportunities for children to grow in their understanding of Christ’s love
- to provide a safe, nurturing environment, where children feel valued
- to provide opportunities for children to enhance social skills
- to encourage children to think, reason, question, and experiment
- to promote language development skills
- to guide children in initiative and decision-making skills
- to encourage and demonstrate sound health, safety and nutrition habits
- to model and encourage respect for cultural diversity
- to provide opportunities for physical development
- to encourage creativity
- to promote a life-long love of learning